Nowadays commercial electric meat grinder is available in a variety of models. A commercial meat grinder is very much suitable to be used in hotels, restaurants, and butcher shops. Different type of meat grinders are highly-efficient to use and are available at very reasonable prices.
Reasons to Choose Your Own Electric Meat Grinder:
- Grinding the meat yourself can allow you to add seasoning and flavours according to your choice before it could absorb the smell or flavours from its surrounding.
- The meat tastes fresher as compared to the stored one.
- The texture of meat and its fat content can be adjusted accordingly.
- You can selectively put the chosen meat pieces to be ground in the electric grinder.
- There will be no fillers in your ground meat as you can take care of it.
- Advertise it as a value added service to your customer that you use freshly ground meat.
Tips to Follow while Grinding Meat:
- Season the meat with salt before grinding as it helps the meat to link easily.
- It is always advised to grind the meat when it is chilled as it avoids giving it a pulpy, cooked and dry texture. Even after grinding the meat it should be kept in a refrigerator so that it maintains its texture until use.
- It is a best practice to trim the meat before putting it into the grinder. Otherwise, it may result in smearing of the meat and blades can become dull as well while coming in contact with bones.
- Inspect the whole meat grinding process continuously in order to check the texture of the grind.
- You should keep the blades of the grinder sharp. Sharpen them once or twice a year.
- Maintaining cleanliness of your grinder can help prevent food borne illness.
Some of the common types of meat that can be ground in the commercial meat grinder are Sirloin, Beef Chuck, Pork, Turkey, Lamb, Chicken, and Salmon.